One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a military campaign) begin.‘the air-attack phase will continue before the ground attack jumps off’
- ‘The mines were cleared without casualty, and the Marine assault jumped off at 1000.’
- ‘The final assault jumped off at 1515 from a crossroads 500 yards south of Clochimont.’
- ‘The attack jumped off at Honnef, 10 April.’
- ‘The First Infantry Division attack jumped off at 0600.’
- ‘On the morning of 13 May, the 6th Marine Division attack was scheduled to jump off at 0730.’
- ‘The attack jumped off six hours later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.