One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Engage readily in sexual intercourse with.
- ‘You see I happen to know that my sister would never jump into bed with just any man unless she loves him.’
- ‘I'll have you know that I don't jump into bed with any guy.’
- ‘An extraordinary marriage is on the cards in the United States; the Greens and the neo-conservative right are jumping into bed with each other.’
- ‘Kate may not be the prettiest girl in the room, but she's for damn sure the one every guy wants to jump into bed with.’
- ‘After all, when you switch on TV these days everyone is jumping into bed with each other and people are using four-letter language much stronger than the stuff I ever use.’
- ‘I'm not one of those people who will jump into bed with someone easily.’
- ‘You don't get to know someone by jumping into bed with them.’
- ‘Developer JHP has jumped into bed with the supermarket giant after its original partner, Marks and Spencer, pulled out last year.’
- ‘The Greens cannot wait to jump into bed with the Labour Party.’
- ‘Mandy is a bright young woman who wants to better herself and is tired of being treated as a sex object, yet she still tends to find herself jumping into bed with inappropriate men.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.