Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A style of popular music combining elements of swing and blues.
- ‘They can still perfectly merge jump blues, Cajun and country.’
- ‘The band ricocheted from one genre to another, often stopping to blend elements into a kicky pastiche of jump blues, beat poetry and lacerating alt-rock/rap.’
- ‘With his unique mix of jump blues and R & B, Pat is back in Australia (for a while) and is building a reputation as one of the country's finest singer/guitarists.’
- ‘The smoky ballads, jump blues, shuffles and straight-blues numbers on the new disc showcase the exceptional voice of Magness.’
- ‘I just love the R & B, jump blues, and soul that was all over the radio in those days.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.