One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball put in play by the referee, who throws it up between two opposing players.
- ‘He's the one player on the roster who will grab a jump ball, which is why the team loves him in the red zone.’
- ‘The ref called a jump ball but neither player let go.’
- ‘At the jump ball, Flynn managed to swat the ball quickly towards Lake.’
- ‘Two players go for a jump ball in the back of the end zone, both land out of bounds and the defensive back stands up with the ball.’
- ‘In this case, no one got control of the ball so they literally call for another jump ball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.