One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very shallow balcony with a safety railing on an upper story of a building.
- ‘My bedroom is 500 sq. ft. and the master suite has a private Romeo and Juliet balcony, an office, a yoga room, and a bathroom the size of most bedrooms.’
- ‘Take a table on the Juliet balcony and over cigars and Cosmopolitans contemplate the moon and the ocean or owning one of the luxury apartments towering above you.’
- ‘At the far end of the limestone counter, a Juliet balcony overlooks the front of the house.’
- ‘The steel bridge continues through from inside to outside, and provides the second bedroom with a Juliet balcony.’
- ‘Yet it is their very shallowness that makes Juliet balconies so appealing and versatile, Mr. McCullar said.’
- ‘Murphy, 46, was captivated by a Juliet balcony, a feature found on a steadily growing number of Manhattan buildings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.