One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An appliance for extracting juice from fruit and vegetables.
- ‘It's fine to use tinned fruit, so long as it is in natural juice - this is easily pulped if you are using a liquidizer/food processor rather than a juicer.’
- ‘There are a wide variety of juicers and presses available for home use, ranging in price from $45 to $450.’
- ‘She was into juicing long before it was cool and trendy and has worn out several electric juicers.’
- ‘Further, the fancy, raw food meals are prepared with a lot of electrical equipment, like dehydrators, juicers, blenders and food processors.’
- ‘All small appliances such as food mixers and juicers can be permanently housed there, with messy, noisy work undertaken out of sight.’
- ‘She admits to using the toaster, the juicer, and the kettle.’
- ‘First, using a basic juicer salvaged from my parents' kitchen, I turned out concoctions of almost anything I found.’
- ‘She can get North American women to buy yoga mats and juicers, surely she can spare a few minutes to promote the idea of a better banana industry by plugging fair trade bananas.’
- ‘My treatment decisions were respected and the surgeon had even arranged for the juicer to be installed in a little side kitchen!’
- ‘‘I'm getting you an electric juicer for Christmas,’ he promised.’
- ‘I tried shopping channels - which I usually find extremely calming - but discovered them to be full of imported Americans shouting about - and over - power juicers and steam cleaners.’
- ‘And he has developed one of the most outstanding juicers offering 30 percent more juice.’
- ‘Again, in America this would barely be deemed sufficient to power a fruit juicer or half-decent leaf blower.’
- ‘A sturdy cast-iron hand juicer that extracts juices from wheat grass, leafy vegetables, soft fruits and berries.’
- ‘This is a specialized type of juicer since normal fruit and vegetable juicers will not juice wheatgrass.’
- ‘Some distilleries still honor this tradition while others use mechanical juicers.’
- ‘Buy the fruit as soon as it is in season in the fall, then juice it in a fruit juicer.’
- ‘I'm really into producing my own carrot juice with my juicer - it's good with apple too.’
- ‘Citrus juicers are available in enamel-covered aluminum, in sizes and colors that correspond with oranges, lemons, and limes.’
- ‘The boxes are tailored for those who want to use the food to prepare home meals or for those who use it in juicers.’
2North American informal A person who drinks alcoholic beverages excessively.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.