One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of jazz, blues, or folk musicians using simple or improvised instruments such as jugs and washboards.
- ‘There is perhaps no other ensemble form as versatile as the jug band.’
- ‘Ragtime blues was the rootsy style of music played by American jug bands in the 1920s and 30s, and Ragweed take this style and add their own touch of north coast character.’
- ‘She recorded with jug bands as well as with jazz greats.’
- ‘This year, the festival will even feature its first jug band.’
- ‘We used have a jug band, Gutbucket, in Memphis years ago and that is when I started playing the washboard.’
jug band/ˈjəɡ ˌband/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.