One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lawyer who advises a court-martial on points of law and sums up the case.
- ‘The trial judge advocate prosecuted the case with the aid of one assistant.’
- ‘He later served as a staff judge advocate in Korea.’
- ‘I spent 28 years as a Navy judge advocate so I am well familiar with what they do.’
- ‘The reason for the decision was chiefly the judge advocate's failure to direct the jury clearly that a mistaken belief in consent would provide a defence.’
- ‘The role of the judge advocate is a perplexing one.’
judge advocate/jəj ˈadvəˌkāt/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.