One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Judaism or the ancient Jews.‘tenets of Judaic law’
- ‘Karen added, ‘I wanted Judaic art, and Marc wanted something musical.’’
- ‘They specialise in sacred music from ancient and medieval cultures, particularly Judaic, Sephardic, Christian and Tibetan Buddhist.’
- ‘It gave high priority to establishing yeshivas, religious academies devoted to the study of Judaic texts and law.’
- ‘In their philosophical work, both relied on texts drawn from Biblical, Talmudic, and other Judaic sources.’
- ‘Each academic year over 1,000 students enroll in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses taught by the Judaic Studies faculty.’
Early 17th century: from Latin Judaicus, from Greek Ioudaïkos, from Ioudaios (see Jew).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.