One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great pleasure and happiness.‘after months of snow, I joyfully welcome the rain’‘the men sang joyfully’
- ‘The family greeted me joyfully, especially Juliette.’
- ‘His son seemed happy and laughed joyfully at not only himself, but also the absurdities of life.’
- ‘The younger participants joyfully seized the opportunity presented to them.’
- ‘Out among the redwoods, bays, and oaks of the Berkeley hills, she feels totally, joyfully at home.’
- ‘Ringtones to the music industry mean gravy—certainly another revenue stream from which they can joyfully tap.’
- ‘His obsessive imagining of a lost civilization seems to have joyfully regressed to the thrill-seeking bent of an adolescent model-builder.’
- ‘Other scenes are of a more exuberant nature, suggestive of a child joyfully tossing a ball or piece of clothing into the air.’
- ‘She had run out of the building and jumped into his arms, dropping her luggage and smiling joyfully.’
- ‘She pulled her lighter from her pocket, spinning it in her fingers almost joyfully.’
- ‘Mozart's lyrical, endless melodies rippled joyfully through the warm acoustical ambience of the auditorium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.