One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great pleasure and happiness.‘after months of snow, I joyfully welcome the rain’‘the men sang joyfully’
- ‘She had run out of the building and jumped into his arms, dropping her luggage and smiling joyfully.’
- ‘Ringtones to the music industry mean gravy—certainly another revenue stream from which they can joyfully tap.’
- ‘Mozart's lyrical, endless melodies rippled joyfully through the warm acoustical ambience of the auditorium.’
- ‘Other scenes are of a more exuberant nature, suggestive of a child joyfully tossing a ball or piece of clothing into the air.’
- ‘The younger participants joyfully seized the opportunity presented to them.’
- ‘His son seemed happy and laughed joyfully at not only himself, but also the absurdities of life.’
- ‘His obsessive imagining of a lost civilization seems to have joyfully regressed to the thrill-seeking bent of an adolescent model-builder.’
- ‘She pulled her lighter from her pocket, spinning it in her fingers almost joyfully.’
- ‘The family greeted me joyfully, especially Juliette.’
- ‘Out among the redwoods, bays, and oaks of the Berkeley hills, she feels totally, joyfully at home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.