One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A skilled inventor or maker of jokes.
- ‘Crane was a longtime jokesmith who wrote for all the biggies: Dean, Frank, Gleason, Abbott & Costello, even Laurel & Hardy.’
- ‘He wasn't a simple jokesmith - his comedy was often dark, observational, and personal.’
- ‘Kim is a keen amateur jokesmith.’
- ‘The horsemeat scandal was hardly out of the gate before thousands of amateur jokesmiths had entered the race with the professionals, jockeying to contrive the wittiest, most popular tweets about equine consumption.’
- ‘The jokesmith best known for making gags about his resemblance to Prince is finally attracting a larger following after more than a decade of honing his act.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.