One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These buildings are often distinguished by a ‘cavity wall’ lining the pit and often have joisted floors.’
- ‘This is an invaluable concession as it will now allow flocks of breeding sheep and store lambs that are joisted out on other land to return to the farms from whence they came without having to go direct to the slaughter house.’
- ‘We specialise in designing oak joisted ceilings, raftered roofs, inglenook fireplaces and open-fronted cartshed-style garages.’
- ‘But Simon's writing sheds light only on how TV comedy is joisted together.’
- ‘They seem quite happy to either accept stock joisted in for the season or contract rear the lambs for breeders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.