One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With another person or people; together.‘a report prepared jointly by Harvard and Yale universities’
together, in partnership, in cooperation, cooperatively, in collaboration, in conjunction, in concert, in combination, as one, mutuallyView synonyms
- ‘He suggests that I put it jointly in my name together with my wife and our two daughters to save CGT and stamp duty.’
- ‘Now groups of friends are putting their money together and jointly purchasing second homes in Scotland.’
- ‘The bridge is being paid for jointly by Bolton Council and Network Rail.’
- ‘It is not so bad if a few can gather together and jointly grumble about the state of the world.’
- ‘The flagship project is being jointly funded by the borough council with Lancashire County Council.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.