One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Legal custody of a child or children that is shared by both parents after divorce or separation.‘the two have joint custody of their sons’‘he was recently divorced and has joint custody of his two young children’
- ‘He claimed his relationship with Ann has never been better following their divorce in 2011, when they agreed to joint custody.’
- ‘The father seeks an order for interim joint custody with both children to reside with him while the mother recovers from her injuries sustained in a riding accident.’
- ‘The hip-hop star countered his ex's request for full physical custody by asking that the court grant him joint custody and visitation rights.’
- ‘In March, 2001, the father moved for interim joint custody with the children's primary residence to be with him.’
- ‘The couple have two children, Alex and Maria, and the filing requests joint custody.’
- ‘He cited the usual irreconcilable differences and is seeking joint custody, according to the divorce petition in Los Angeles Superior Court.’
- ‘The parties agreed to a joint custody providing daily care to mother with generous access to father.’
- ‘Given the history between these people, there is little or no chance that joint custody could work in this case.’
- ‘Morris and her husband now have a joint custody agreement, set to be finalized during a court hearing on Wednesday.’
- ‘The present order in place is one of joint custody with residence of Tina with her mother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.