One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Men's close-fitting underpants with a short leg.
- ‘Jill called out, ‘I was thinking you'd be a jockey shorts guy.’’
- ‘Still no word on whether the gang was able to set the price of postage stamps or agree on the official color of the Iraqi Olympic team's jockey shorts.’
- ‘The man, looking even bigger wearing just a pair of jockey shorts, walked out, rubbing his eyes and asking, sleepily, ‘Margot?’’
- ‘But don't ever call me a thief or a racist: I'd sue you for your pants, jockey shorts, drawers, whatever, and everything in between!’
- ‘Steve said one morning about three o'clock he was on his front porch wearing only his jockey shorts and boots shooting at a skunk.’
- ‘He answered the door himself, dressed in red jockey shorts with a strip of film dangling over his arm.’
- ‘Short and portly, with close-cut blond hair and a voice that can knock your jockey shorts off, Dee often appears as the romantic lead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.