Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fungal infection of the groin area.
- ‘There are several common superficial fungal infections and jock itch is one of them.’
- ‘I liked your article on relieving jock itch by using Cetaphil skin cleanser.’
- ‘Drugs used to treat athlete's foot or jock itch can fight the fungus.’
- ‘The fungi that cause jock itch and related problems thrive in warm moist places.’
- ‘Cornstarch-based GSE-containing powder fights athlete's foot and jock itch without the risks of talc, which is linked to cervical and lung cancers.’
- ‘Also called tinea cruris, jock itch is closely related to other skin conditions with similar names.’
- ‘Tinea cruris, the infection that causes jock itch, is on the way.’
- ‘Readers report success against dandruff and smelly feet as well as jock itch.’
- ‘Frequent yeast infections, such as jock itch, athlete's foot and toenail fungus, are a third indication.’
- ‘Ringworm of the groin is called tinea cruris or jock itch.’
- ‘In teenagers, it goes into the groin and causes jock itch and sometimes to the body, causing ringworm.’
1970s: jock from jockstrap.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.