One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being unemployed.‘public anger over rising joblessness’
- ‘We all know couples who have been there, facing the stress of joblessness amid the usual chaos of the season.’
- ‘The present paper earlier estimated Keynesian joblessness at 1 percent in late 2004.’
- ‘Already, Gen X joblessness is leading to all sorts of economic strains.’
- ‘Despite the heightened joblessness, 29 percent believe they'll still have trouble finding suitable employees.’
- ‘The rest of the paper focuses on core joblessness, which poses the greater challenge to policymakers.’
- ‘With neither jobs nor public assistance sufficient to lift them out of poverty, chronic joblessness defined a large, new component of urban poverty.’
- ‘He sees graduates of elite B-schools experiencing rampant joblessness.’
- ‘In almost every case, government programs are the cause of joblessness.’
- ‘The final section discusses existing theories of joblessness in relation to the findings of the study.’
- ‘Unemployed workers with college degrees accounted for more than one-half of the rise in joblessness during the first half of this year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.