One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offer of employment.‘he turned down several job offers’
- ‘From August through the end of November, my posting didn't attract any job offers.’
- ‘He says he's had no shortage of job offers, but may instead work with charitable enterprises.’
- ‘The company made its job offer after giving Richardson high marks in the second internship.’
- ‘She sent out resume and cover letters, received two job offers and is happily pursuing one of them.’
- ‘She jumped at a job offer from the National Basketball Association to mold the league's international product marketing.’
- ‘Although a degree won't guarantee a job offer, it will help.’
- ‘Isabella's culinary aptitude has earned her job offers in the town and beyond.’
- ‘He accepted a job offer at Harvard, and suggested that Jim follow him to complete his college education there.’
- ‘With extensive expertise, he quickly drummed up several job offers.’
- ‘I went to the recruitment meetings held by the various firms on campus and came away with several job offers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.