One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has a particular job or position.‘the job holder will be responsible for leading a small team’‘most of our employees are first-time job holders’
- ‘Building the necessary team to support the growing agenda will also be an accountability of the job holder.’
- ‘The Job Holder should be a graduate BSc or equivalent in an analytical chemistry or biological discipline.’
- ‘These standards specify the knowledge and performance criteria that job holders need in order to be competent.’
- ‘Although the country has already become an aging society, senior citizens over 55 account for a mere 3.7 percent of total job holders, the study revealed.’
- ‘With more families with two full-time job holders, there were more and more households in which time was scarcer than money.’
- ‘The job-holder contributes to the benefit risk evaluation and to safety risk management.’
- ‘There's nothing wrong with the job of bank teller, nothing at all if the job holder enjoys the work.’
- ‘We will provide the job-holder with opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge by excellent training opportunities in the field of RNA biology.’
- ‘Can you show us any available housing for the low-income job holders?’
- ‘The evaluation process is concerned with the job and not the job holder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.