One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal account of an employee's responsibilities.
- ‘Arnie's back trying to fulfill his job description as God's faithful mercenary.’
- ‘In reality, we should make all employees feel valued no matter what their job description.’
- ‘When it's in the job description that you must witness men and women being put to death, there are perhaps few who would accept the contract.’
- ‘We've made the same mistakes as many other people have with the job description and other items.’
- ‘Without a job description to figure out who might be qualified for these pithy posts, the best one can do is hop on the Internet.’
- ‘I wrote a little for the current job description, but I'll need to do a lot of tweaking on that.’
- ‘Employees may be asked to undertake work outside their job description.’
- ‘The Feds update the job description and send it to human resources.’
- ‘That means, right now, part of his job description is helping his employees get to work and get home.’
- ‘Part of the mystery comes from the fact that the job description is changing.’
- ‘Two weeks ago, we received the following job description for Mackaiser.’
- ‘Controlling crowds and helping old ladies find public conveniences is not normally in their job description.’
- ‘It was the responsibilities of the job description that tended to stress me out.’
- ‘Who wants to be exposed to public ridicule and contempt as part of their job description?’
- ‘I once wrote a job description for the papacy and said the pope should be a hopeful, holy man who smiles.’
- ‘They also want six copies of your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the job description's criteria.’
- ‘Make sure you get a job description which clearly defines your role and responsibility while at camp.’
- ‘Cleanliness at the hospital is in my job description and I have the responsibility for it.’
- ‘A job description has been compiled with help from existing matrons and hospital bosses to provide a consistent approach to the role.’
- ‘Does he feel it's part of his job description to speak out?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.