One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Nervous or unable to relax.‘caffeine makes me jittery’
anxious, worried, apprehensive, on edge, edgy, tense, strained, stressed, agitated, in a state of nerves, in a state of agitation, uneasy, restless, worked up, keyed up, overwrought, wrought up, strung out, jumpy, on tenterhooks, with one's stomach in knots, fidgety, fearful, frightened, scared, with one's heart in one's mouth, like a cat on a hot tin roof, quaking, trembling, shaking, shaking in one's shoes, shaky, on pins and needles, in a cold sweat, fevered, febrileView synonyms
- ‘Stories of other children succumbing would turn me into a jittery nervous wreck.’
- ‘Central Office at the moment is a nervous, jittery, uneasy place.’
- ‘Abby starts to get very nervous and jittery and says that Tituba is the one responsible for all of this.’
- ‘They were jittery now and reacted nervously to any movement around their dugouts.’
- ‘She takes herself off to visit a nervous and jittery Sally, who is beginning to feel like a prisoner in her own home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.