One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The United States is still at war, and if New Yorkers were jingoists, the flags would still be omnipresent - and their meaning would have changed.’
- ‘That would benefit everyone except Chirac and the other jingoists.’
- ‘There are the jingoists, the nationalists who just would want the Australian cricket side to win anything they ever enter.’
- ‘It's easy to dismiss the jingoists, the English-only paranoiacs, the self-appointed culture police.’
- ‘I did not intend to sound like a flag-waving jingoist, and I certainly regret it if I did.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.