One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portable bridge put against an aircraft door to allow passengers to embark or disembark.
- ‘The shooting took place on a jetway to an American Airlines plane that had just arrived from Colombia.’
- ‘The third jetway will replace an existing passenger bridge at United's Gate 6.’
- ‘Computer systems, bag conveyors and airport jetways operated at some airports, but not at others.’
- ‘The two marshals opened fire in the airport jetway after a confrontation inside the plane.’
- ‘Included will be better gates and jetways, and more retail options.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.