One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aircraft powered by one or more jet engines.‘during an air show, the audience is always fascinated by the speed of jet aircraft’‘the world's largest commercial jet aircraft’
- ‘The first Navy jet aircraft used in combat was launched from a Task Force 77 carrier July 3, 1950.’
- ‘In 1944, the R.A.F. became the first air force to use jet aircraft on operational service.’
- ‘For 12 days in August some 100 jet aircraft tangled in the skies over Nellis Air Base, Nevada.’
- ‘A longer runway means access to larger modern aircraft and in particular jet aircraft.’
- ‘Fighters and bombers that were the best in the air in 1945 found themselves outclassed by the new jet aircraft in 1950.’
- ‘The infrared homing device detects a target's heat source (e.g., a jet aircraft's tailpipe) and homes in on it.’
- ‘Only last month, a passenger jet aircraft had to be escorted by fighter jets to land.’
- ‘With the introduction of jet aircraft, foreign travel, once an elite activity, became accessible to a broader range of Americans.’
- ‘The major limiting factor for jet aircraft operations are the current airport facilities, particularly gravel surfaces and short runways.’
- ‘It is a contemporary truism that a previously unknown disease might reach New York City at the speed of a jet aircraft.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.