One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See jet set
- ‘On her journey through life, she met the jet-setters, the rich and famous, the hustlers, and sometimes allowed her life to be guided by them.’
- ‘Here, he is portrayed less as the jet-setter so much as a mob boss.’
- ‘The quintessential jet-setter, Davis was among the dozens carting ball gowns to Europe earlier this month.’
- ‘The adjustment from jet-setter to armchair traveler is a bit painful.’
- ‘You might call these illegal aliens jet-setters because they're being flown to cities deep inside Mexico, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.