One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Moved by jet propulsion.
- ‘On another occasion, there's a lengthy chase that involves jet-propelled backpacks.’
- ‘The development and perfection of radar and the techniques for using it effectively are as important as the development of the jet-propelled plane.’
- ‘Look out, Tesco: an amateur inventor has built the world's first jet-propelled shopping trolley.’
- ‘On our whirling globe with its transitory, jet-propelled people, isolation is no longer the demoralising fate it once was.’
- ‘The computer link flew out of his hand as if jet-propelled.’
- ‘The Bell XP - 59A was America's first jet-propelled aircraft.’
- ‘In Desert Storm, a jet-propelled cruise missile used two electronic guidance systems and cost about a million dollars.’
- ‘Meanwhile across town, David was still running like a jet-propelled bunny.’
- ‘Petr picked up a coloured fish early in the day, an eleven pounder that fought as though jet-propelled.’
- ‘When it came to the ‘A’ Final and a head-to-head with yours truly, he made a jet-propelled getaway and left me eating dirt.’
- ‘But the action moves at jet-propelled speed in Braham Murray's production and the dialogue is bright, sharp and funny.’
- ‘Once he was away, he was jet-propelled and nobody would catch him.’
- ‘It heralded the advent of jet-propelled flight and the gradual demise of the piston-engined combat aircraft.’
- ‘He also uses his body intelligently, leaping from his chair with jet-propelled force on accused of being a ‘traitor‘.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.