One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bean-shaped candy with a gelatinous center and a firm sugar coating.
- ‘Buy them now and some time in the distant future, a Ronald Reagan jelly bean jar may yet be within your grasp.’
- ‘Mason jars of jelly beans and gummy bears and fresh-baked cookies are there for the taking.’
- ‘Moisten area around jelly bean with a small amount of water and sprinkle with orange and red edible glitter.’
- ‘The tiny Jersey potato, barely bigger than a jelly bean has come to save us from another month of baked and mash.’
- ‘They have put out giant bowls of snacks: jelly beans, Gummi Bears, unsalted cashews, sugar-free sucking candies.’
- ‘The emerald mosaic look on the outside is created with coarsely chopped thin zucchini strips; the ruby coating is made with red jelly beans.’
- ‘‘The thing is a big jelly bean,’ joked one juror.’
- ‘They say money doesn't grow on trees, but it does spring up from jelly bean soil in these graduation party centerpieces.’
- ‘A simple jelly bean is insidious enough, but these are far worse.’
- ‘She brought along a clown baggy full of candied goodies, such as lollipops, gumdrops, and jelly beans.’
- ‘We gave people bowls of jelly beans and other colored candies.’
- ‘Eyes are gumdrops and jelly beans, antennae are licorice lace, and the tongue is a shaped gumdrop.’
- ‘Amid jelly beans, lilies and egg hunts, Christians must meditate on Christ's cross and Luther's plea for ‘a joyful heart’ in the face of anguish.’
- ‘The extras, however, smack sour like olives in a jelly bean jar.’
- ‘You won't faint because you don't have another jelly bean.’
- ‘To eat the jelly beans, or not to eat the jelly beans, that is the question.’
- ‘For eyes, dip one end of 2 jelly bean halves in melted chocolate and place on cookie.’
- ‘It used to be that we could sneak into the reception and help ourselves to jelly beans from the candy jar on the front counter.’
- ‘All their knowledge is based on what they've been exposed to: a peach flavored jelly bean or fruit roll-up.’
- ‘The moment a child is quiet for a second, a jelly bean is presented to him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.