One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit-flavored gelatin dessert made from a commercially prepared powder.
- ‘There are only two acceptable colors for jello: Green and Red.’
- ‘The current issue has recipes for monkey bread, macaroni and cheese and pulled pork, and several that use Jell-O.’
- ‘Liven up your kid's favorite green jello with brightly colored chewy sour candies.’
- ‘Everything had its own Styrofoam bowl or plate: pale mashed potatoes, jello, tired-looking slices of chicken, and a fruit cup.’
- ‘Also usually available are cookies, puddings and Jell-O.’
- ‘She continued on grabbing some steak and other meats and then decided for dessert she would have a bit of Jell-O and pie.’
- ‘When it comes to runny jello and ice chips, I think I'll pass, thank you.’
- ‘We used it once and learned that swimming in jello is hard.’
- ‘Attached is a paper that fills in the details of chapter 4 of No Free Lunch, which David Wolpert referred to as ‘written in jello.’’
- ‘The above-mentioned red Jell-O is an easy dessert if you happen to have a heart-shaped cookie cutter.’
- ‘Children may enjoy Popsicles, Jell-O, ice cream, or applesauce.’
- ‘The platter-mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed veg, green salad and red jello dessert is polished off.’
- ‘Prepare the Jell-O according to directions on the packet and pour into a shallow bowl.’
- ‘Some doctors say that children over 2 years old can have Gatorade, soda, clear soups, tea, Jell-O, and Popsicles.’
- ‘Agar acts like Jell-O powder - by mixing it with liquid, you get a jelly-like substance.’
- ‘With many names - Jell-O, aspic, jelly, gelee and so on - gelatin has an identity of its own.’
- ‘For example, Jell-O Oreo Pudding launched in May 2001, uses the Nabisco Oreo brand name and the Jello-O trademark.’
- ‘Mom, played by Carol Kane, is a Doris Day throwback who sings show tunes and makes Jell-O desserts.’
- ‘She glanced up, and noticed the ceiling looked like jello, barely.’
- ‘Finding that her legs had suddenly developed the consistency of jello, she leaned on Rune for support again as she tried to speak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.