Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fruit-flavored gelatin dessert made from a commercially prepared powder.
- ‘Children may enjoy Popsicles, Jell-O, ice cream, or applesauce.’
- ‘We used it once and learned that swimming in jello is hard.’
- ‘Liven up your kid's favorite green jello with brightly colored chewy sour candies.’
- ‘The current issue has recipes for monkey bread, macaroni and cheese and pulled pork, and several that use Jell-O.’
- ‘Also usually available are cookies, puddings and Jell-O.’
- ‘She glanced up, and noticed the ceiling looked like jello, barely.’
- ‘The platter-mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed veg, green salad and red jello dessert is polished off.’
- ‘Everything had its own Styrofoam bowl or plate: pale mashed potatoes, jello, tired-looking slices of chicken, and a fruit cup.’
- ‘Finding that her legs had suddenly developed the consistency of jello, she leaned on Rune for support again as she tried to speak.’
- ‘The above-mentioned red Jell-O is an easy dessert if you happen to have a heart-shaped cookie cutter.’
- ‘There are only two acceptable colors for jello: Green and Red.’
- ‘Attached is a paper that fills in the details of chapter 4 of No Free Lunch, which David Wolpert referred to as ‘written in jello.’’
- ‘Agar acts like Jell-O powder - by mixing it with liquid, you get a jelly-like substance.’
- ‘With many names - Jell-O, aspic, jelly, gelee and so on - gelatin has an identity of its own.’
- ‘When it comes to runny jello and ice chips, I think I'll pass, thank you.’
- ‘She continued on grabbing some steak and other meats and then decided for dessert she would have a bit of Jell-O and pie.’
- ‘Mom, played by Carol Kane, is a Doris Day throwback who sings show tunes and makes Jell-O desserts.’
- ‘For example, Jell-O Oreo Pudding launched in May 2001, uses the Nabisco Oreo brand name and the Jello-O trademark.’
- ‘Prepare the Jell-O according to directions on the packet and pour into a shallow bowl.’
- ‘Some doctors say that children over 2 years old can have Gatorade, soda, clear soups, tea, Jell-O, and Popsicles.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.