One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit-flavored gelatin dessert made from a commercially prepared powder.
- ‘Attached is a paper that fills in the details of chapter 4 of No Free Lunch, which David Wolpert referred to as ‘written in jello.’’
- ‘Everything had its own Styrofoam bowl or plate: pale mashed potatoes, jello, tired-looking slices of chicken, and a fruit cup.’
- ‘The platter-mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed veg, green salad and red jello dessert is polished off.’
- ‘We used it once and learned that swimming in jello is hard.’
- ‘Liven up your kid's favorite green jello with brightly colored chewy sour candies.’
- ‘Also usually available are cookies, puddings and Jell-O.’
- ‘There are only two acceptable colors for jello: Green and Red.’
- ‘Children may enjoy Popsicles, Jell-O, ice cream, or applesauce.’
- ‘With many names - Jell-O, aspic, jelly, gelee and so on - gelatin has an identity of its own.’
- ‘When it comes to runny jello and ice chips, I think I'll pass, thank you.’
- ‘Prepare the Jell-O according to directions on the packet and pour into a shallow bowl.’
- ‘The above-mentioned red Jell-O is an easy dessert if you happen to have a heart-shaped cookie cutter.’
- ‘Agar acts like Jell-O powder - by mixing it with liquid, you get a jelly-like substance.’
- ‘For example, Jell-O Oreo Pudding launched in May 2001, uses the Nabisco Oreo brand name and the Jello-O trademark.’
- ‘The current issue has recipes for monkey bread, macaroni and cheese and pulled pork, and several that use Jell-O.’
- ‘Mom, played by Carol Kane, is a Doris Day throwback who sings show tunes and makes Jell-O desserts.’
- ‘She glanced up, and noticed the ceiling looked like jello, barely.’
- ‘Finding that her legs had suddenly developed the consistency of jello, she leaned on Rune for support again as she tried to speak.’
- ‘She continued on grabbing some steak and other meats and then decided for dessert she would have a bit of Jell-O and pie.’
- ‘Some doctors say that children over 2 years old can have Gatorade, soda, clear soups, tea, Jell-O, and Popsicles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.