One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
plural nountrademark in UK
Tight-fitting stretch pants for women, styled to resemble a pair of denim jeans.
- ‘I toddled off to the changing rooms with a pair of black jeggings over my arm.’
- ‘Staying comfortably ahead of the fashion pack, Nicola Roberts plumped for a pair of on-trend jeggings today.’
- ‘The past craze for leggings has been replaced by this year's trend for jeggings, close-fitting leggings made of fabric that resembles denim in appearance.’
- ‘Chances are, if you do not find skinny jeans or leggings a flattering choice for your figure, you won't find jeggings flattering either.’
- ‘Skintight leggings and their denim hybrid, known as jeggings, were key for the looks of Russell Brand, Pete Doherty and Agyness Deyn.’
Early 21st century: blend of jeans and leggings.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.