One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Holland plays both piano and guitar in a style that predates electricity, while her small band falls naturally into the loose collective swing of pre-bop jazzers.’
- ‘With last year's Happy People, former Miles Davis saxophonist Kenny Garrett mixed tough improvising and striking pop-jazz themes so well that even the most sneering fundamentalist jazzers thought twice about complaining.’
- ‘But in as much as the music catches her still working close to the manner of her then significant model, Betty Carter, the disc nevertheless remains an interesting example of what attracted jazzers to Wilson in the first place.’
- ‘He confronts black jazzers ' resentment of Baker's playing: Most heard him, with excellent reason, as a paler, milder Miles Davis, yet he won polls and looked like he was making big money.’
- ‘Crumb has never made any bones about his hatred for rock, and rock and roll, and indeed anything that wasn't pressed on shellac by desperately obscure bluesmen and jazzers in the twenties and thirties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.