One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of popular dance music incorporating elements of jazz and funk.as modifier ‘a jazz-funk ensemble’
- ‘He began his career as a jazz musician but is probably best known for inventing the Afro beat sound: a fusion of West African rhythms, percussion and jazz funk.’
- ‘Miles Davis, one of the giants of jazz, was also at 1970s event providing a bewildering display of jazz funk and fusion music which left some hippies confused and some begging for more.’
- ‘There's Orb-like techno delivered with a deft, light-fingered touch as if played by a highly proficient lounge orchestra, and there's even just a dash of 70s jazz funk of the Donald Byrd / Places And Spaces era.’
- ‘Landgren can play more or less anything on a trombone, from 1970s Crusaders-style jazz-funk to abstract improv noise effects.’
- ‘It'll be an evening of instrumental tunes, mostly covering in a fusion style, with a splash of jazz funk, plus some of Neil's original songs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.