One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small fish with very large jaws which lives in shallow tropical seas. It often inhabits a burrow in the sand, the walls of which are lined with pieces of shell and stone.
Family Opistognathidae: several genera and species
- ‘Fire corals and stony corals on top of a boulder at Carval Rock colonies of yellow-headed jawfish live on rubble areas among the coral at the Indians site dolphins in the lagoon at Prospect Reef Resort’
- ‘In nature, jawfish live in colonies of from fifty to several hundred extremely territorial individuals.’
- ‘Bluespotted jawfish are usually found on the ocean bottom at depths of 18-24 m, near cliff bases or rocky outcroppings of offshore islands.’
- ‘On the sandy floor a gold spectacled jawfish, affectionately known as Harry, cradled a brood of eggs in his open mouth.’
- ‘Nudibranchs are found everywhere, and just in front of the jetty, jawfish peer out of their holes, with mouthfuls of eggs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.