Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Amazing.‘jaw-dropping displays of genius’
- ‘Perahia's never found wanting technically, and there are some jaw-dropping displays of speed and power’
- ‘Visiting India, as an eight year old was one of the most jaw-dropping and exhilarating experiences I have ever had.’
- ‘Afterwards, all three put on a jaw-dropping a cappella gospel medley that left everyone's spine tingling with pleasure.’
- ‘Sentimentality, blazing country, bluegrass and jaw-dropping performance make this an essential album.’
- ‘You may never usually watch such lowculture television but, trust me, the twisted ending they've dreamed up is jaw-dropping.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.