One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An athlete who participates in the sport of throwing a javelin.‘he is the leading javelin thrower in South Africa this year’
- ‘The javelin thrower won her second-straight Athletics Australia women's athlete of the year award on Thursday night.’
- ‘He will become the first javelin thrower from Kenya to compete at an Olympics.’
- ‘A javelin thrower and coach has been banned from all competition for four years for possessing numerous banned substances discovered after a raid by police.’
- ‘Sprinters are running faster than ever before, but why are javelin throwers not throwing further and swimmers not swimming faster?’
- ‘I was talking to the sprinters, javelin throwers and boxers, who are enthusiastic about representing and doing well for the country.’
- ‘The performance of javelin throwers was improving drastically up until the mid-1980s, to a point where officials were concerned for crowd safety.’
- ‘The majority of patients were baseball players, along with three gymnasts and three javelin throwers.’
- ‘The Paraguayan javelin thrower has lost her hopes of Olympic victory.’
- ‘He would have been a world-class soccer goalkeeper, rugby player, javelin thrower, or boxer.’
- ‘She is one of the world's most consistent javelin throwers but faces stiff competition from Russia's world champion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.