One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a people widely scattered throughout the northwest of India and Pakistan.
- ‘Equally threatened were the embroidery traditions of the other local desert communities: the Meghwals, Mutavas, Jats, Sodha Rajputs, Ahirs and Mochis.’
- ‘In Pakistan, too, Punjabis - especially Jats and Rajputs - have a distinguished tradition of military service.’
- ‘‘Muslims are angry since the Jats voted against many Muslim candidates in the Assembly polls,’ points out a BJP leader.’
- ‘For example, the Jats, who were themselves drawn from classes branded as low by the Brahminical system, started exhibiting caste prejudices vis-a-vis the lower castes drawn from the Hindu fold.’
- ‘Some pre-election polls suggested that BJP support had grown among Kshatriyas, Kayasthas, Jats and Yadavs and had increased its support among all categories except Dalits, scheduled tribes and Muslims.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.