One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Atkinson's portrayal of two fortysomethings, their disappointments and their soured relationship with their mother is teeth - jarringly accurate, but her courage doesn't stop there.’
- ‘The tone was jarringly dissonant from the sunny message Kerry and Edwards have emphasized on their first few days together on the campaign trail.’
- ‘The argument that a single company is better positioned than the market to make efficient use of an idea should strike us as jarringly counterintuitive in a market economy.’
- ‘Nakata's film (at least until its jarringly sentimental coda) was a slight, unnerving fairytale sustained by an atmosphere of encircling evil.’
- ‘What surprised me most about the books that follow was their desire to bring alternate voices and viewpoints sometimes jarringly into the story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.