One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In The New York Times, Brooks Atkinson didn't much admire the newspaper portrait but said the play was ‘full of raucous japeries with a sense of humor.’’
- ‘Mathews concocts burlesques and parodies of such rare excellence as to put one in mind of the broad literary japery of Terry Southern at his most inspired.’
- ‘‘Feminists on Men’ contains more ribald japery about men being stupid.’
- ‘[14 Mar 02] My vague sense of emptiness at the lack of regular japeries from old friend James is finally dispelled by his triumphant return to blogging at Gas Giant.’
- ‘It is hard to believe that this man captained an Essex side renowned for their humour and jolly japery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.