One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mathews concocts burlesques and parodies of such rare excellence as to put one in mind of the broad literary japery of Terry Southern at his most inspired.’
- ‘In The New York Times, Brooks Atkinson didn't much admire the newspaper portrait but said the play was ‘full of raucous japeries with a sense of humor.’’
- ‘[14 Mar 02] My vague sense of emptiness at the lack of regular japeries from old friend James is finally dispelled by his triumphant return to blogging at Gas Giant.’
- ‘It is hard to believe that this man captained an Essex side renowned for their humour and jolly japery.’
- ‘‘Feminists on Men’ contains more ribald japery about men being stupid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.