One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A container for jam.‘she picked up a piece of toast and reached for the jam pot’
- ‘At the bottom of the pan when you take off the remaining liquid are little bits of peaches that make a beautiful spiced peach jam; scoop it into a little jam pot.’
- ‘The blackcurrants were thawed and ready, the sugar and jam pots waiting, and then Richard muscled into the kitchen.’
- ‘The set consists of a rectangular tray, a salt shaker, a pepper shaker, and a lidded mustard or jam pot.’
- ‘Jam pot lids are the unlikely inspiration for the fashion designer's exclusive range of handbags and belts.’
- ‘In one hamper, four jams are presented alongside a Wedgewood jam pot with silver Arthur Price spoon in.’
- ‘Rather than struggle to unscrew tight metal lids on jam pots and their ilk, I use a small paring knife.’
- ‘People buy old-fashioned sad-irons to use as bookends or doorstops, and a handsome jam pot can become a pencil holder.’
- ‘Teapots, jugs, biscuit barrels, jam pots all had a strong cottage theme, as well as tea services.’
- ‘We will be happy to accept clean 11 lb size jam pots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.