One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An escape from jail.
- ‘The possibility that the jailbreak was planned jointly by the prisoners and at least one of their jailers is also being investigated.’
- ‘On May 28th, the Fairfax County jail experienced its first jailbreak.’
- ‘The prisons, apparently in an attempt to prevent jailbreaks during the 2002 World Cup, have taken the unprecedentedly liberal step of allowing incarcerated inmates to watch the matches on television.’
- ‘There had been a jailbreak from Alcatraz, the white dots were police boats, and someone was shooting at someone else, shots obviously fired in anger.’
- ‘The Home Secretary today resisted calls for his resignation after the latest rioting and jailbreaks.’
- ‘It's probably one of the most unusual jailbreaks authorities have ever encountered.’
- ‘A spate of brazen jailbreaks in recent years underlined how poor security is.’
- ‘A jailbreak in August 2000 made the institution a focus of media attention and the security level there has then been tightened.’
- ‘The outgoing minister cited that over the past several weeks brawls and prison riots as well as a jailbreak had occurred at the penitentiary, which has about 120 guards working three shifts.’
- ‘Tuesday's jailbreak was the latest in a long series of people escaping from the police detention centers.’
- ‘There have been similar jailbreaks from military detention in the past.’
Modify (a smartphone or other electronic device) to remove restrictions imposed by the manufacturer or operator, e.g. to allow the installation of unauthorized software.‘in order to use these programs, iPhone owners have to jailbreak their device’
- ‘Everything will work fine, but unfortunately your phone will be stuck in restore mode until you jailbreak it, which is what we're doing next.’
- ‘It's got lots of tips, tricks, and will even teach you how to jailbreak and SIM unlock your iPhone.’
- ‘I still have an old iPod touch that I jailbreak for testing purposes.’
- ‘If you have 1.1.1, you'll have to jailbreak first, then transfer it on manually.’
- ‘They've already made it clear that you jailbreak an iPhone at your own risk, voiding your warranty at a minimum.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.