One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Japanese pop music.‘a local quartet that plays a delicious blend of J-pop and noisy blaring rock’as modifier ‘a J-pop star’
- ‘And the truth is that despite the ban on J-pop, Japanese music sells well in South Korea, albeit as a pirate product.’
- ‘Some kind of J-pop blared through the speakers the hotel had set up in the ballroom.’
- ‘I followed J-pop quite a bit when I was in college, but I don't listen to it as much these days.’
- ‘Unlike the West, where radio has traditionally played the primary role in the promotion of popular music, television is J-pop's natural medium.’
- ‘There's plenty of old school and funk, but there's even some Motown soul, swing, Japanese rap, reggae, J-pop, samba and early electronica.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.