One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound used as an anthelmintic in veterinary medicine and as a treatment for river blindness.
- ‘As a general practitioner and pet owner, I treated my scratching Abyssinian guinea pigs' nits with subcutaneous ivermectin.’
- ‘The anthelmintic agent ivermectin has been used both orally and topically for head lice but is not licensed for this purpose.’
- ‘Since risk of transmission still exists, one has to continue mass treatment with ivermectin.’
- ‘Oral ivermectin is used for treatment of intestinal parasites, but recently has been proposed as an alternative agent for head lice infestation.’
- ‘Treatment was revolutionized in 1987 when ivermectin, already used in veterinary medicine, was registered for human therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.