Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound used as an anthelmintic in veterinary medicine and as a treatment for river blindness.
- ‘The anthelmintic agent ivermectin has been used both orally and topically for head lice but is not licensed for this purpose.’
- ‘Oral ivermectin is used for treatment of intestinal parasites, but recently has been proposed as an alternative agent for head lice infestation.’
- ‘Since risk of transmission still exists, one has to continue mass treatment with ivermectin.’
- ‘As a general practitioner and pet owner, I treated my scratching Abyssinian guinea pigs' nits with subcutaneous ivermectin.’
- ‘Treatment was revolutionized in 1987 when ivermectin, already used in veterinary medicine, was registered for human therapy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.