Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having or causing an itch.‘dry, itchy skin’‘an itchy rash’
swollen, puffed upView synonyms
- ‘My skin is rather itchy as the area really has been covered up since last December.’
- ‘A common skin symptom of a food allergy is hives, or raised red itchy bumps on the skin.’
- ‘At this stage, my clients informed me that there was no soap suitable for their red, sore, itchy skin.’
- ‘I sneeze uncontrollably, my eyes puff up and the back of my mouth gets swollen and itchy.’
- ‘The skin becomes intensely itchy, so much so that the patient cannot resist the urge to scratch.’
- ‘Head lice infection can cause an itchy head or neck, or a rash, which is often worse behind the ears or on the back of the neck.’
- ‘I ate my dinner while he slept but then after dinner he woke up and was really itchy and had a full on rash all over his body.’
- ‘It causes a red, itchy rash on the skin that appears first on the abdomen or back and face and then spreads to other parts of the body.’
- ‘Prickly heat is a very itchy red skin rash, causing a prickling or burning feeling.’
- ‘Other people report nosebleeds, itchy eyes, sore throats and headaches.’
- ‘Their bloodsucking bite can cause itchy red welts to appear on the skin of their victims.’
- ‘The telltale sign is the appearance of itchy patches of skin that flake or crack.’
- ‘Both the rash and blisters will be itchy and usually appear on the body and face first.’
- ‘Moisturising bath and shower products may help if your skin is dry or itchy.’
- ‘You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.’
- ‘Commonly the skin around the ankles is affected, becoming speckled, itchy and inflamed.’
- ‘An itchy rash appears around the fifth day of the disease and can last from four to seven days.’
- ‘Dry coughs occur when you have an itchy feeling in your throat.’
- ‘She says she has been feeling weak and giddy and has developed a widespread itchy skin rash.’
- ‘It can cause redness, discharge from the eye, swelling of the eyelid, and sore or itchy eyes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.