One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The italicisation of quotations is in the original.’
- ‘The normal convention of italicisation of journal names and book titles should be adopted.’
- ‘In case it is impossible to use italicisation one may underline the italicised parts of the examples above.’
- ‘Again, the italicization of the word highlights its peculiarity.’
- ‘One of the several accepted uses of italicisation in a text is to signal that a word or phrase is foreign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.