One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or company that supplies or distributes something.‘issuers of mortgage-backed bonds’‘write down the monthly interest rate your card issuer charges’
- ‘Basically, the issuer undertakes to pay for the purchases made by the cardholder within a specified credit limit.’
- ‘The issuer should have been alerted by the obvious pattern of the frauds.’
- ‘The issuer may send an unsolicited credit token under a credit-token agreement already made.’
- ‘The contract is concluded in standard form, drafted by the issuer.’
- ‘Many issuers now charge a $35 late fee.’
- ‘A difficult question arises in respect of this contract where the issuer becomes insolvent.’
- ‘The issuer does not promise to reimburse third parties who deal with the cardholder.’
- ‘In cases involving credit cards, the dealer is already in a relationship with the issuer.’
- ‘He knows that his use of the card involves the creation of a binding payment undertaking on the issuer's part.’
- ‘In such a bipartite arrangement, the card is used to charge the client's account with the issuer which the customer settles later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.