One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or company that supplies or distributes something.‘issuers of mortgage-backed bonds’‘write down the monthly interest rate your card issuer charges’
- ‘A difficult question arises in respect of this contract where the issuer becomes insolvent.’
- ‘In cases involving credit cards, the dealer is already in a relationship with the issuer.’
- ‘The issuer may send an unsolicited credit token under a credit-token agreement already made.’
- ‘Many issuers now charge a $35 late fee.’
- ‘The issuer does not promise to reimburse third parties who deal with the cardholder.’
- ‘Basically, the issuer undertakes to pay for the purchases made by the cardholder within a specified credit limit.’
- ‘The contract is concluded in standard form, drafted by the issuer.’
- ‘The issuer should have been alerted by the obvious pattern of the frauds.’
- ‘In such a bipartite arrangement, the card is used to charge the client's account with the issuer which the customer settles later.’
- ‘He knows that his use of the card involves the creation of a binding payment undertaking on the issuer's part.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.