One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Based on or concerned with specific problems or concerns rather than an overall ideology.‘issue-based politics’‘she wanted to pursue an issue-based agenda’
- ‘We look forward to legitimate, constructive, issues-based debates hosted by news organizations.’
- ‘The serious political undertones which Guest gave to the comedy pointed the way to the issue-based cinema he would develop a decade later.’
- ‘In short, science reportage must be issue-based.’
- ‘Most nature and wildlife writing in India is issue-based.’
- ‘His particular brand of issue-based filmmaking has had to take a few steps back of late.’
- ‘All the drama I've ever enjoyed working with is issue-based theatre or political theatre.’
- ‘The Internet can be used to make elections more issue-based than popularity based.’
- ‘The democracy movement was issues-based - as soon as the problem was resolved, the joint work ended.’
- ‘The decade saw the launch of scores of issue-based grassroots groups.’
- ‘The only issues-based politics that gets most artists riled up are pragmatic issues such as getting paid and being represented fairly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.