One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of two or more enzymes with identical function but different structure.
- ‘The best studied set of isozymes is the lactate dehydrogenase system.’
- ‘Two or three genes encode sucrose synthase isozymes in monocot species such as maize, barley, wheat, and rice.’
- ‘In fact there are 3 isozymes of NOS in mammalian cells.’
- ‘In natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster, an amylase isozyme with the lowest amylase activity is predominant.’
- ‘The isozymes of each given enzyme were also numbered sequentially following a similar methodology.’
- ‘Our results suggest that temperature has a crucial effect on the occurrence of the heteromeric isozymes of this enzyme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.