One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The homogenate was subjected to one round of freeze-thaw, before being combined with an equal volume of 2 × PBS to restore isotonicity.’
- ‘We used this convenient notation for simplicity, keeping in mind that this notation slightly overestimated the tonicity difference from isotonicity.’
- ‘Once the solid material had been dissolved there could be a bit of adjustment to get the solution toward isotonicity.’
- ‘Sodium chloride solutions having ionic strengths of 14.5 mM - 145 mM were prepared using distilled water, with sorbitol added as appropriate to maintain isotonicity.’
- ‘With time, as osmotic gradients are building up, the apparent stoichiometry tends to increase toward isotonicity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.