One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having the same osmotic pressure.‘physiological saline is isosmotic with body fluids’
- ‘This led us to the hypothesis that terrestrial crabs have the option of directing isosmotic urine to organs that, unlike the antennal gland, are capable of producing strong gradients.’
- ‘A control experiment was performed for each group, in which cells were perfused with isosmotic media.’
- ‘Control experiments confirmed that no volume change occurred following perfusion of cells with isosmotic media.’
- ‘Replacement of NaCl for isosmotic sorbitol produced a slight depolarization of the membrane.’
- ‘Desert gopher tortoises also store dilute urine that buffers evaporative loss and allows them to hold blood osmotic concentration constant, at least until bladder contents become isosmotic with blood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.