One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting the alkyl radical —CH(CH₃)₂, derived from propane by removal of a hydrogen atom from the middle carbon atom.
- ‘It has been stated that isopropyl acetate is comparable in toxicity to ethyl acetate and npropyl acetate.’
- ‘Three glyphosate salts are currently being marketed: isopropyl amine, ammonium and di-ammonium salt.’
- ‘On the other hand, virtually no hydrolysis occurs with an isopropyl group and the return of AChE is dependent upon synthesis of a new enzyme.’
- ‘Here, expression from pQE60 is increased in the presence of isopropyl thiogalactoside.’
- ‘In the laboratory, however, allolactose is usually replaced by the analogous compound isopropyl thiogalactose, which is not metabolized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.