Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A liquid alcohol, used as a solvent and in the industrial production of acetone.
- ‘DNA was precipitated from the supernatant using isopropanol and exposed to two 70% ethanol washes.’
- ‘For example, each molecule of isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) has eight hydrogen atoms in one of three environments.’
- ‘Historically, the first petrochemical was isopropanol, produced in bulk by Standard Oil of New Jersey in 1920.’
- ‘We have also made measurements in aqueous mixtures with four other alcohols: methanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, and isobutanol.’
- ‘The supernatant was precipitated by isopropanol.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.